Knowing the weather is extremely important before setting off on a motorbike trip. Weather can make or break your decision on going for a ride or staying home. Choosing the best mobile weather app can be overwhelming.
It's time to compare the best mobile weather apps for bikers and see how they can be useful on a motorcycle ride. We did extensive research to find the 6 best tools for you to consider.
Hyperlocal weather information
What it does: Dark Sky offers a detailed, hyperlocal forecast. With its accurate, down-to-minute forecast you will be more informed of the temperature, possible rain or wind. With the app, you can see ten minutes in the future or hours, staying informed all the way through the trip. With Apple Watch support you can easily access the forecasts.
- Detailed minute-by-minute predictions for the next hour
- Hour-by-hour forecast for the next week
- Live radar with smooth animations
- Alerts before it starts raining at your location
- Minute by minute widgets
- Apple Watch support
Radar and Forecast on a route
Price: Free, with an option Pro subscription
As the weather changes when on a road, it's not enough to just check the weather for the start and destination points. Weather on the Way offers forecast on a whole trip by combing navigation and forecast technology. It predicts the time of arrival to multiple points along the route and provides a forecast for these points.
Weather on the Way offers benefits that no other apps do:
1. Check weather forecast on a trip, calculated for points along the route precisely at the time you will be going through
2. Timeline view shows additional details for your route, such as visibility, wind, feels like temperature or UV index
3. You can pick alternative routes and compare the weather on them
4. Severe conditions alerts are calculated for every point along your route
5. Live weather radar updates every 10 minutes and shows the direction that the storm is moving in
6. Waypoints system allows to customize the route and add stops for up to 24h
You can download the app with free Pro on your first 5 trips here: https://weatherontheway.app/get
What customers say about Weather on the Way:
- Weather forecast for points along your route
- Temperature, conditions, the chance of precipitation, weather warnings
- Avoid unexpected delays
- Live Snow & Rain Doppler Radar
- Pick the route with the best weather
- Choose the time of departure up to 7 days in the future
- Set waypoints on the way and stop duration
- Timeline shows the time and place of sunset and sunrise
- General forecast for a day of arrival
- Privacy Focused – No creepy tracking, no ads, no analytics
Rain Forecast & Storm Alerts
Price: Free witha subscription for Pro features
What it does: NOAA Weather Radar Live is as a name suggests a motorcycle focused weather app that answers a simple question: Is the weather good enough for a bike to should you commute by car instead? For every day and hour, there is a car or a motorbike icon shown, depending on the conditions. You can manually adjust the weather requirements in the settings.
- Live radar info
- Hurricane Tracker
- Precipitation forecast map
- Alerts and widgets
What it does: Motorcycle Weather is as a name suggests a motorcycle focused weather app that answers simple question: Is the weather good enough for a bike to should you commute by car instead? For every day and hour there is car or a motorbike icon depending on the conditions. You can manually adjust the weather requirements in the settings.
- Daily and hourly breakdown
- It's easy to glance if the weather is good enough for a bike
- Temperature, precipitation and wind
The weather app for motorcycle riders
Platform: iOS and Android
What it does: Similarly to Motorcycle Weather, Motorcycle Weather Ride app answers a simple question: Should you take a bike or a car? An appropriate icon is shown near each day based on the user's preferences. In contrast to the previous app, it does not offer an hourly breakdown, however, it is available on android.
- Daily breakdown showing if the weather is appropriate for taking a car or a bike
- Fast and simple to check
No. 1 Professional Weather App
Platform: iOS and Android
Price: Free with a premium subscription
What it does:
Another map focused app, Windy shows beautifully rendered maps of current and predicted wind conditions, as well as rain, possible storms, temperature or cloud cover.
- Weather map showing forecast for the next 7 days
- Very accurate forecast models
- Thunderstorm predictions